Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

I've given a lot of thought to the concept of time lately. One of my favorite catch-phrases is, "If only there were more hours in a day!", but for the most part, I'm glad I've never seen that request come to full fruition.

The truth is, time is often an overlooked jewel. Last year when the doctors diagnosed my grandfather as a terminal patient, time was precious. As we drove to the hospital in December after my brother tried blowing his hand off, time was precious. Saturday, when I rolled out of bed 7:42am and needed to leave the house no later than 7:45am, time was precious.

Sometimes I find myself asking, "Where has this day gone?", "Where has this week gone?", or "Where has this year gone?" and I wonder if I'm making the most of the time I've been given. Granted, I'm sure I'm guilty of wasting a few minutes every day (thank you, facebook!), but what about the grander scheme of things? In what areas of life am I dragging my feet, and what can I do to better move forward? Where do I need to make adjustments so that my priorities are where they should be?

As humans, we reap what we sow; there is no getting around or away from it. I don't know about you, but I want to "sow" my time smartley (Yes, as a matter of fact, I did just make that word up!) Now is the time for no regrets!

1 comment: