Saturday, March 12, 2011

Do you recognize victory?

I feel like a new woman this morning!

Today's been a day of declaration, and I really like the phrase, "fake it 'til you make it." It's dangerous to say so, because I don't want to birth the idea that I believe we all have to walk around living in fake and constantly putting on fronts to appease every Jack and Jill who crosses our paths, because I don't buy that for a second.

What I do buy into is the idea that you get out of life what you put into it. If I choose to wake up after a series of difficult days and think to myself, "Gee, I might as well not even get out of bed today. Yesterday was bad, the day before that was worse, and today probably won't be much better," that is precisely what I'm going to get. BUT, if I choose to wake up after those sames series of difficult days and declare, "Today is a new day, and I will make the most of it! I will not be defeated!", my odds of actually having a good day sky-rocket. Initially, will I have to force myself to believe it? Maybe. Will I still face battles and encounter hardship? Probably. Will I still have to fight to keep my attitude in check? Most definitly, but I get to choose.

So, how has today gone? Great! I made it out of bed (on-time, for that matter!), put on the most sun-shiney spring dress I could find, spent the morning soaking in a gender-battle victory with some wonderful ladies (it's not as weird as it sounds...Bible study attendance, people...and the women brought it this morning!) received some much needed encouragement that put my mind at ease, and sang with the birds as I waltzed into the library to tackle a research paper.

I am happy, healthy, and at peace; nobody gets to steal that from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment