Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rest for the weary

Okay, so maybe that's a little dramatic, but this Spring Break has been the best yet!

For starters, it's the first Spring Break in at least four years that I haven't been to our Louisiana office to prepare for our annual audit- that in an of itself it cause for celebration!

This break has been particularly special though...My godson, Bryce, was born about three weeks ago, and he and his beautiful mom live in Indianapolis, so I've had the great pleasure of driving up for a visit. Inevitably, it has been wonderful soaking in time with one of my best friends and adjusting to my new job title as a god mom, but aside from the obvious, this week has been one of total rest (1 and 5 am feedings included!)

The past four days, the only responsibility I've had has been an easy one: spoil the baby! Yes, I'm thankful for my job; it has afforded me the opportunity to travel. I'm thankful for the chance to obtain a higher education; it's aiding me in securing my future; I'm thankful for all my extra-cirriculars; they keep me sane, but I am equally thankful for time to relax, recharge, and readjust my head on my shoulders.

Lately, I've allowed myself get so caught up in the day-to-day said "fiascos" that I'm afraid I've missed out on a lot of what is really important. I never want to regress to a place of just getting by. Life is an occasion, and I'm ready to rise to it!

"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams."
-Ashley Smith

1 comment:

  1. I feel like yelling "amen!" or "you go girl!" I couldn't agree more. Life is DEFINITELY meant to be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete