Thursday, March 17, 2011

A penny for my thoughts

"This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendship to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life."
-Author Unknown

I don't know any Irish blessings, but in celebration of St. Patrick's Day, I thought the above mentioned to be of at least "honorable mention" value.

What is comfort? Who defines beauty? How do you know true, life-completing love?

I don't have an answer to those questions, in part, because each of us has to discover them on our own. We were created so individual and so unique. What makes me smile may not invoke the same reaction from you, and vice versa, but that's beside the point. The point is smiling. The point is having faith. The point is truth.

Dare to know yourself! You are worth the discovery!

1 comment: