Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The story of your life

I promise, I'm not quoting any One Direction lyrics today, though I must say, the thought did cross my mind. Actually, I'm not giving you anything original this time, but I am about to gift you with an awesome spark for your idea bank, so it's not a total bust.

I heard the coolest project idea on the radio earlier this afternoon. It's called the "Storybook of My Life," and of course, you're the author. Each week, you decorate, write out, draw, or use any other method of depiction that you can imagine to describe the events of your life during the previous seven days. This probably goes without saying, but at the end of the year, you'll have a unique and otherwise irreplaceable history book that delivers your raw and unfolding story.

I quite literally have a closet overflowing with notebooks and journals, and I'd guess I probably have 1000 pages or more of my various writings, so it could be the nerd in me, but this is one of the top ten coolest ideas I've ever been privileged to hear. It's so adaptable and practical that it's ideal for singles, newlyweds, forever marrieds, young families, old families, and grandparents alike. The possibilities are endless and the memories will be priceless.

I'm all in. Time to make more shelf space in the closet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment