Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kisses from Heaven

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if God Himself reached down and kissed you, or am I the only one?

I've come to a place in my life where I recognize God as personal, and I do believe He is intimately accquainted with all my ways (Psalm 139). From that place comes this longing to get up out of bed everyday and seek out what awesome things He has for me; not because I'm some spiritual superstar, but because I know His heart is about people- good, bad, or indifferent. He delights in us (let that sink in for a moment...)

So many times this last week I've enjoyed that delight: beautiful sunrises and breath-taking sunsets, vibrant flowers and blooming trees, two squaking blue jays in my backyard, the innocence of children's laughter, as well as a chance to re-live my own childhood, disruptions in monotony, the sweetness of friendship, the thrill of a job well done, and the opportunity to utilize my own creativity.

I've often been guilty of trying so hard to find God in the big things that I miss Him altogether in the small things, but this week that isn't so; I've redefined my approach, and I can't help but think, "So this is what it's like to be heaven-kissed!?"

I dare you to feel the breeze dart across your face today and recognize the intimacy of the Almighty. He yearns for you, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment